GNUcash - tutorial and concepts guide

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Aug 3 11:18:53 EDT 2010

On Aug 3, 2010, at 7:52 AM, Anthony Dardis wrote:

> My mistake also: the .dmg version doesn't have the help docs integrated into GC, but a self-built version will. Thanks for the reminder that the docs are all there.

A self-built Gnucash might have it integrated if you build with Fink or MacPorts and build a complete Gnome desktop including Yelp. I don't know whether you can do that with a Quartz backend (a MacPorts option) so you might be stuck with X11.

The other way to get Gnucash-2.2.9 with the Help menu working would be to backport the changes I introduced in 2.3.14 which enable the help menu on OSX using Cocoa functions, and then building with Gtk-OSX.

Much simpler to just open the two documents in your browser and bookmark them.

Regards,
John Ralls