Gnucash tabs

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz gnucash at numerixtechnology.de
Sun Aug 8 05:43:34 EDT 2010

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 17:03:34 -0700 (PDT)
fastsnip-bcard at yahoo.com wrote:

>Scrolling the screens is really irritating and is a much slower method
>of changing the tabs displayed.. The Firefox fixed display is much,
>much better.

I found the GnuCash tab scrolling behaviour totally annoying!

I found a good work-around: I switched the tab display to vertical down
the left-hand side and I have really taken to it. This way I will never
have enough tabs open to have to scroll. And an added benefit is the
fact that the tabs adjust in width to display the full name.

I realize that I can only afford the luxury of vertical tabs because I
have a widescreen monitor. Therefore I would definitely support a change
to a Firefox-like implementation of tabs.

Another thing I quite like about Firefox tabs is the option of
displaying them in multiple rows, which is what I use in Firefox. Any
chance of implementing that in GnuCash as an option?

Another wee problem I have with tabs - and unfortuantely I cannot
reproduce this and I have no idea under which circumstances this
happens: occasionally my tabs change position without me having dragged
them. Any ideas what might be causing this?

--

Best Regards,
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz