bug?

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Tue Aug 10 11:16:14 EDT 2010

Hi,

Am Freitag, 6. August 2010 um 09:49:56 schrieb jh:
> Hallo,
> can someone of the developers please check the following behaviour:
> when you have Scheduled Transactions and then restart GC later in a
> different Locale, which uses a different number pattern (12.456,78 vs
> 12,456.78), no values are entered into the register.
> Apparently this results from storing the transactions in a textual form,
> which is evaluated on the basis of the new Locale after inserting and
> causes an error (which becomes evident, when you edit the Scheduled
> Transactions).

Could you check bugzilla and the mailinglists for this issue and eventually
create a bug report? Some tips are in en:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_What_should_I_obey_as_a_beginner_in_bug_reporting.2C_enhacement_requesting_....3F
ff. or de:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/De/Referenz#Wie_man_einen_Fehler_meldet_oder_einen_Verbesserungsvorschlag_einreicht

> Otherwise a great program! I wonder if I could be helpful in translating
> some of the texts into German. I'm not a professional though and the
> howtos are a bit confusing to me.
> Cheers, Juergen

Great, because most parts of gnucash-doc are untranslated. IMHO the guide
would be more useful for the users. First steps, how to start are described
in
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#How_to_translate_the_GnuCash_guide_and.2For_help_files .
Another place, probably easier to start, could be the wiki.

Cheers
Frank