Your message to gnucash-devel awaits moderator approval

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 19:32:49 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Gregory L. Forster
<gforst.1956 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Don Allen,
>
>     my first question, I figured out myself.  GNUcash will do multiple
> entities.
>
>     As far as the error, I use Firefox.  When I attempted to access the link
> that was provided,

What link that was provided? If you want help, you need to give us
this kind of basic information. When you talk about a link, copy the
link and paste it into your message.

 or even tried to register to gnucash-user, or
> gnucash-devel, I received the same error popup from Firefox: "This
> connection is untrusted. You have asked Firefox to connect securely to
> lists.gnucash.org, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
> Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted
> identification to prove that you are going to the right place.  However,
> this site's identity can't be verified."  Only once before have I ever got
> that message.  I'm extensively on the Internet, so it is very, very rare I
> get that message.  Can you help?

You get this error when attempting to make a secure connection to a
site whose certificate isn't signed (verified) by a trusted signing
authority. I've not seen this on the gnucash site myself and again, it
would help if you provided the link. You can force Firefox to "trust"
the site. If you follow your nose when you get the popup, you should
be able to figure out how.

I'm guessing here, but Derek Atkins sent a message earlier about
problems with the gnucash server. He's managed to coax it back to
life, but it may not be completely well. The error you are seeing
*could* be related to that, but again, I'm guessing here.

I have copied gnucash-user on this message. As I said in my previous
message to you on gnucash-devel, these kinds of questions belong on
gnucash-user. I didn't anticipate that you would send me private
email; I don't feel that's appropriate either. If we discuss something
useful, the whole community should see it. If I tell you something
that's wrong, one of the smart people in the community will correct
it.

/Don