AqBanking Issues on Snow Leopard

Martin Preuss martin at aqbanking.de
Wed Aug 11 14:01:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Mittwoch 11 August 2010, Andre Powell wrote:
[...]
> If there is something that could be done to fix this that would be great,
>  but it is definitely an annoyance.
[...]

Is the QT4 version of the AqBanking wizard in use here? If so: That one is
terrible. It was created using Trolltechs qt3to4 porting tool which apparently
didn't work too well in porting the qt3 code to qt4.

There had been some attempts to fix the result of qt3to4 but there are still
some surprising and unfixed side effects.

That's one reason why we now use toolkit independent dialogs in AqBanking5
(introduced by the latest releases of libgwenhywfar).

This has the advantage that the dialog logic is now shared by all GUI
frontends so the dialogs are very well tested. It's only the dialog
*presentation* which has to be implemented for the various toolkits. Currently
we have implementations for GTK2, QT4 and FOX1.6. An implementation for Cocoa
(for native Cocoa applications) is also in the works.

This also allows for the applications to execute the various dialogs (e.g.
banking setup, generic file import with an editor for CSV profiles etc) in the
context of the application so starting an external application is no longer
required. For GnuCash this would also mean that there is no longer a
dependency on QT when using the new dialogs.

Unfortunate this doesn't help you immediately as long as these dialogs aren't
used by GnuCash, but if I understand correctly Christian started some work to
make GnuCash support them.

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/