Additional Guide information available in wiki

Tom Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Fri Aug 13 13:05:00 EDT 2010

Users,

I have started (very slowly) to work on documentation.  What started me
initially was a question one of you raised about the accounting to
reflect reimbursable expenses.

Because I am new to the mechanics of the process whereby the official
copies of documentation can be updated, there is much for me to learn.
While that is going on, I have worked out with the developers an interim
process where information can be made available to any that might want
to investigate.  Eventually, the wiki content is intended to update the
official Guide.

The first attempt at making that information available to everyone is at
this wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tbullock17/Gnucash_tutorial_and_concepts_guide

I will be grateful for suggestions to correct or enhance what is
presented there.  Part of the advantage of the wiki is that amendments
can more easily be integrated into the patch before it gets added to the
official Guide.

Remember, adding all new features to the current documentation will take
a long time.  The present wiki offering is just one small part of what
might be added.  Hopefully, there will be more additions over time.

Tom Bullock