Additional Guide information available in wiki

Thomas Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Mon Aug 16 11:36:16 EDT 2010

From: dicegeorge at hotmail dot com [mailto:dicegeorge at hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 2:08 PM
To: Thomas Bullock
Subject: Re: Additional Guide information available in wiki

very good - this is what is needed,
a good wiki about gnucash.
[<<Tom>>: ] Hello George,

To answer your questions:

Will you paste all of the existing guide into it
then let people get editing and improving?

or links to the existing guide?

[<<Tom>>: ] No, the plan is to keep the official existing documents and enhance them as opportunity permits.  Use of a wiki is an interim device because it is faster (simpler) than the official process.  The official Guide and Help documents will be updated as soon as possible.  Right now I am having technical difficulties with the process that updates the official documents.  When those troubles are past, the interim info should be folded into the official.

why has the wiki adress got a username in it,
how do you get it a more official http address?
[<<Tom>>: ] that request is in process.  Stay tuned.

~
~  [g]  ~  [george]  ~
[<<Tom>>: ] Tom