HBCI connection problem in 2.3.14

Christoph Dankert post at christophd.de
Wed Aug 18 17:28:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm struggling with HBCI and Gnucash 2.3.14 on Windows Vista.
Specifically, whenever I try to connect to my bank, there's a GNU TLS
handshake error. I can set up the account in both the AqBankingWizard as
well as the command line tool (aqhbci-tool4.exe), but as soon as I issue
the "Get System ID" command, I get a handshake error. Interestingly, OFX
connections work well and do not exhibit this problem.

This has been happening for a while now and with every new release I try
again, but to no avail. Does anybody know how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Christoph

PS: Here is the trace showing the error.

14:26:13
Executing HBCI jobs
14:26:13
AqHBCI started
14:26:13
Connecting to bank...
14:26:13
Resolving hostname ["HBCI HOSTNAME]" ...
14:26:13
IP address is [a.b.c.d]
14:26:13
Encoding queue
14:26:15
Sending queue
14:26:15
Connecting to bank...
14:26:15
TLS Handshake Error: -59 (GnuTLS internal error.)
14:26:15
Retrying to connect (SSLv3)
14:26:16
TLS Handshake Error: -59 (GnuTLS internal error.)
14:26:16
Could not connect to the bank
14:26:16
Unable to send (network error)