OFX DirectConnect?

Martin Preuss martin at aqbanking.de
Thu Aug 19 13:44:16 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Dienstag 17 August 2010, Martin Preuss wrote:
> On Dienstag 17 August 2010, John Ralls wrote:
[...]
> > Yes, I use it often, as I suspect do most US users.
> > http://www.ofxhome.com/ maintains (more or less) current connection
> > information; additional clues
>
> [...]
>
> That's a good one: I didn't know that site. Hmm, it has information about
>  over 200 banks... Hmm, I guess I will be implementing their Web API.
[...]

The curent SVN version of the AqBanking family now has a new setup dialog for
OFX DirectConnect.

The dialog is much easier to walk through than the QT-based dialog we had in
AqBanking4. We now use www.ofxhome.com to lookup bank server information (see
attached screenshot). At the end of the user setup you can also retrieve the
list of accounts (which isn't supported by every bank but by most of them).

And best of all: This dialog can now also be run inside GnuCash (with
Christian's latest changes), so there is no need for the external QT wizard.

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/