AW: 2.3.15/tax package: basic questions

Jannick Asmus jannick.news at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 10:26:35 EDT 2010

Phil,

J. Alex Aycinena wrote:
> Phil,

[snip]

>> Please load the sql file, change a tax code assignment, close
>> gnucash, then send me the gnucash.trace file.
>>
>> Phil
>>

> I loaded my sqlite3 file, changed a tax code assignment, closed
> gnucash, opened it again and the change was stored and properly
> reflected in the re-opened application. I then added a new code,
> closed, re-opened, and again the change was properly reflected.
>
> Jannick,
>
> Since you first reported the problem, could you confirm that it is
> really there on your system? If so send Phil the gnucash.trace file as
> he asked.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex

Here is what I did on my WinVista machine:

- opened gnucash
- opened gnucash-file shares.gnucash
- assigned a tax code
- saved (with save button) into shares.gnucash
- save as "gnucash.sql", format sqlite, which produced
gnucash.sql.gnucash

Attached:
- shares.gnucash
- shares.sql.gnucash (no renaming!)
- gnucash.trace

NB:

1 -  Saving the .gnucash-file as .sqlite-file surprisingly appends the
extension .gnucash to the file name, i.e. saving the gnucash-file
shares.gnucash as .sqlite-file produces a file named
shares.splite.gnucash.

2 - The attached gnucash-file produces problems in
* the transaction report:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.devel/29383
* the advanced portfolio:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user/36476

If you want me to file bug(s) - if they are at all - , just give me a
hint ...

Please let me know if you any more information.

Best wishes,
J.