Phantom bill

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 23 11:58:42 EDT 2010

Wouter van Marle <wouter at squirrel-systems.com> writes:

> On Sat, 2010-08-21 at 16:07 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Wouter van Marle <wouter at squirrel-systems.com> writes:
>>
>> > Sorry call me a 'luser' but I follow the adagio "if nothing else works,
>> > read the manual". So that's also this case; and I wouldn't be surprised
>> > if other users also have run into the same problem.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions on how to clear this up?
>>
>> Umm...  Your best be would be to delete the offending transactions; the
>> replayed business transactions.
>
> In case of invoices that works, no problem.
>
> However his is a bill, and it's not possible to delete it by hand -
> trying to do so gives a popup suggesting to unpost the bill instead.

Not sure what you mean here.  An Invoice transaction and a Bill
transaction should behave exactly the same way!

One thing you might try is deleting it from the *other* account?  I.e.,
don't delete it from A/R or A/P, but from the Income or Expense
account.  However, this still might not work.

> So I'm looking for a way to introduce balancing transactions to
> compensate for this. Like a negative invoice, which is an issue in
> itself of course for GnuCash - but no idea how that could be solved.

Negative Invoice == Process Payment.  But then your lots will be all
screwed up.