using Online Banking Setup

Michael Hughes itismike at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 18:36:22 EST 2010

Hi GnuCash users. How popular is the Online Banking feature which
suggests that it can automatically pull data from onine banking
websites? Are any users familiar with setting it up?
The Help section is woefully unfinished
(http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.2/C/gnucash-help/trans-online.html)

The only other source I found is the Wiki, which is also a bit 'rough
around the edges':
(http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2#AqBanking)
Also, none of the image links are working. They appear to be sitting
here waiting for an admin to link them?
(http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/15079)

As a new user of GnuCash, I'm just curious if this is a commonly-used
feature that is reliable for most, or if it is not quite ready for
"prime-time?"

Thanks,
Mike