Delete voided transactions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 6 11:45:07 EST 2010

Hi,

Dennis Powless <claven123 at gmail.com> writes:

> When using quicken I voided transactions for various reasons.   After
> import to GC, I now would like to delete them.  I'm cleaning up
> accounts and consolidating and rearranging them.  However, GC will not
> allow me to delete those transactions.  They are marked with a v in
> the reconcile area.

I do not believe you can delete a voided transaction.  The point of
voiding is that you wanted to keep the transaction "on the books" but
mark it voided!  So I'm not surprised that this is the case.

One thing you can try:  click in the reconciled column to see if you can
"unvoid" the transaction.  However I don't know if this will actually work.