close books

davelist at mac.com davelist at mac.com
Thu Dec 9 20:10:42 EST 2010

On Dec 9, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Ken Heard wrote:

> I easily have aleady 500 transactions for each of the two years I have
> been using gnucash; so growth of the main file is a concern.

I'm not certain I'd be too worried about that. My gnucash data file was started in 2002 and I probably average about 250 transactions a year (a number of which are splits with 5-15 items). The reports take a few seconds to generate, but other than that, it's fine. My zipped XML data file is about 630KB.

Dave