Capital Gains Input Question

Dennis Powless claven123 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 19:10:58 EST 2010

I found it a bit confusing at first.  However, it will make sense.  I found
that the fund/stock accredited is only for shares all else goes in a cash
account or cap gains accounts.

On Dec 11, 2010 6:11 PM, "Fred Bone" <Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com> wrote:

On 11 December 2010 at 14:39, David T. said:

> I have been trying to enter capital gains/loss in 2....
Wrong. This is explained, quite well though perhaps not perfectly, in the
"Tutorial and Concepts Guide", under "Selling shares". I recommend
reading it.

> However, Gnucash allows these splits to exist--it just requires you to
> enter the split informat...
It might be, if that were true, but it isn't.