GnuCash Mobile?

Lincoln A Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Sat Dec 11 22:44:58 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-11 at 02:44 -0500, Michael DeBusk wrote:
> On 12/10/2010 07:52 AM, Yawar Amin wrote:
>
> > An Android developer is trying to do just that: http://gnc4a.rednus.co.uk/
>
> That wasn't what I was suggesting, though. The app you point to will act
> directly on one's GnuCash data file stored on DropBox. I wouldn't want
> an Android app that does that.

I don't like ever having more than one copy of the data file. It is too
easy to forget to copy to the next place you wand to use it, and the you
have entered deferent transactions is different files, and putting it
back together again will be a painful manual task.

Therefore, I thought the idea of Xpenser was interesting... I might even
try it... maybe.  What I would like even better, though is an app that
does not require that I put my financial data (even if only expenses),
on some website somewhere.  An App that one could configure with the GC
asset (cash), liability (credit card), and expense accounts one
typically transacts against and then allow one to import the
transactions from a file it generates would be very useful I think...
replaying a log file might be a good way to do it.  This would keep my
data off the internet. (I guess I'm still pretty old school).

Lincoln