Scheduled transactions not appearing beyond 19 Dec 2010

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Sun Dec 12 15:34:15 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 12:25 -0800, John Ralls wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2010, at 9:02 AM, Phil Longstaff wrote:

> >> Just wondering:  Are you certain that your SX is enabled?
> >> When you open the transaction editor there is a check box to
> >> enable/disable a SX.
> >>
> >> Also, are your transactions listed in the calendar below the list of
> >> transactions?  Click on a date in the calendar to see all of the
> >> upcoming transactions that are scheduled for that date.
> >>

> > I just ran into this as well, where scheduled transactions appeared in
> > the "Since Last Run" dialog but no transaction was created.  In
> > my /tmp/gnucash.trace file (on windows, it's under C:\Documents and
> > Settings\phil\Local Settings\Temp, I think), there was the line:
> >
> > CRIT   Null account kvp value for SX [Transfer to savings], cancelling
> > creation.
> >
> > which seemed to be new.  I don't know if something was corrupted or if
> > this is a byproduct of a recent change.  I'll try deleting and
> > re-creating the sx, after updating my source to include recent fixes.
> >

> Are you using a sql backend, and if so, with which version was the database created?

Sqlite3 back end, currently using 2.3.17.  Don't know which version
created it.  Early 2.3.X and upgraded with new versions.  I haven't
really checked to see if this is a symptom of the slots change you made
recently.

Speaking of the slots change, src/backend/dbi/test has some tests for
the sql backends.  Basically, creates a session with some data.  Saves
to sql file.  Reloads into a new session, then compares whether data
loaded is the same as data saved.  It does test different slot types but
doesn't included any nested frames (has gint64, double, numeric, string
and guid).  Maybe one should be added to ensure your fix works and isn't
broken in the future.

Phil