Tracking Money in Savings Account

Wayne Bird wrbird at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 14:22:51 EST 2010

Thanks Daniel.

You're right, you can use GnuCash in any manner you wish.  That's what I did when using MSMoney.  But for me, I want to understand the "correct" way, standard accounting principles.  I know that's subjective, but my understanding of liabilities is money I currently owe, so I don't see how a liability account would fit into my scheme.  Again, I'm not saying what you doing doesn't work, it's just not using standard principles, which is what I'm trying to incorporate with GnuCash.

Wayne