Tracking Money in Savings Account

Wayne Bird wrbird at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:52:56 EST 2010

Derek,

Great questions!  This is helping me see things from your, and obviously others, perspective.

> Let me rephrase this question..  Why is the savings you got from your
> Inheritence any more important than the savings you get from, say, your
> Salary?  Why do you need to know "I spent $5236 of my $10000 Inheritence"
> versus "I spent $5236 of my Savings"?

I guess it's because I'm anal about everything.  I want to know exactly where my paycheck went.  If I get a $5000 bonus for work, I want to know exactly how I spent that specific money.  Let's say my wife receives $10,000 inheritance, I need to account for each cent that was spent and where it was spent.  My wife receives money from relatives, gifts and such, I can't just lump that money in our savings account and call it our savings (I would like to because I'm the spender in the family).  Does this help in seeing my perspective?  Maybe I have to use the subaccounts for everything.

> > Yes, definitely need to track inheritance balance.
>
> Why?

See above.

Wayne