Tracking Money in Savings Account

Wayne Bird wrbird at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 20:23:52 EST 2010

Dennis,

I sent you a response to your first e-mail, these e-mails must have crossed.  My e-mail that I already sent has a response to "you must pay some time in the future."

Yes, I understand your points below.

> No need for a tax savings account here, you just write a check
> for $tax and book it as a transfer from Savings -> E:Income Tax

This implies that you actually have the money to pay these taxes, and you better if they are due that quickly.

> Case 2: you must pay the income tax in 6 month time.
> Instead of writing a check right away, you decide to
> get some interest for the money instead and keep it
> on your savings account. However, you know you have
> to pay $tax in 6 months time, so you transfer the money to
> your "income tax" envelope.

Again, this implies that you already have the money in your account and you just want it to collect interest.  That's a great idea.  But know, let's say you don't actually have enough to pay it all, so know when you get paid you'll need to allocate some of your paycheck to this account, is that correct?

Wayne