Tracking Money in Savings Account

Ian X Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 07:37:33 EST 2010

Dennis, thank you

Unless I'm misunderstanding your approach is assuming I actually spend the
money from A:S:M whereas in fact it is a transaction on my credit card
against an expense item say Leisure:ConcerntTickets.

I will settle my credit card by direct debit from my current account and may
never actually withdrawal money from savings to buy the tickets.

If I were able to add a 'reporting 'item (Classification in MS-Money) to
these transactions I would know I'd used my credit card to buy concert
tickets and I'd also be able to run a report that said I'd spent £100 of the
£500 received as gift.

Seems so much simpler to me.

Ian