[MAINT] Planned 15min server outage next weekend (over the holiday)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Dec 19 16:33:59 EST 2010

Hey all,

The server hosting code.gnucash.org has a bad fan that needs to get
replaced.  I have the replacement on hand.  Simultaneously with
replacing the fan I'd also like to install a SATA card and wire it up to
the drive bays for some future disk space expansion early next year.

I expect the system to be down for only 15 minutes.  This will affect
email, email archives, subversion, wiki, trac, etc.  All services
(except for www.gnucash.org) will be unavailable during the outage.

I'll send out a better estimate of exactly when I plan to do the work by
Wednesday this week, at which time I'll have a better idea of my own
holiday weekend plans.  During the outage updates will be discussed IRC
and I'll send out email after the systems are back online.

If there are particularly inconvenient times for you next weekend please
let me know and I'll try to work around your schedules.