Classifications or TAGS

Ian X Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 11:08:28 EST 2010

Colin

Sorry but I have never used Quicken.  Can you point me towards some reference material or better still a link to the Quicken manual that describes what you are looking for.

Current references and acknowledgements are

http://community.kde.org/KMyMoney/Features/Tags  -In short, tagging is meant to group different categories together in case when some of the transactions in the category doesn't logically belong together.  Even if memos can be used to accomplish this same goal, they aren't designed for this kind of functionality and since they aren't very convenient to use.

MS-Money help file - You can use classifications and subclassifications to organise your finances in more detail. In Money, you can designate two types of classifications. For example, if you set up a classification for your properties, within that classification you can assign transactions to Property 1, Property 2, and so on. You can then set up a second classification for your family members in order to assign transactions to yourself, your spouse, and your child.

Ian