Gnucash 2.4.0 released

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Wed Dec 22 15:01:56 EST 2010

On 22 December 2010 at 12:05, Phil Longstaff said:

> Announcement: GnuCash 2.4.0 Release 2010-12-21
> GnuCash 2.4.0 released

How nice: an early Christmas present!

I think there is a changed behaviour (over 2.2.9) which I do not
understand. I currently have a SX in "reminder" status, and "run when
data file opened" set.

When I open the file, the SX dialog is displayed. I hit "cancel", but the
file is already in "pending update" state, so if I try to close I get the
"save file?" dialog, even though in fact nothing has changed.

If I turn off "run when data file opened" then the file isn't marked as
updated. If I then run the "since last run" dialog manually, the file is
marked updated even though I cancel the dialog.

I am almost certain that 2.2.9 didn't do this. However, I'm reluctant to
revert just to verify that.

(It should be obvious that I'm still using the xml file format).

Running on Windows XP-SP3, though I can't imagine that would affect this.