Classifications or TAGS

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 23 03:40:05 EST 2010

On 22 December 2010 21:30, Ian X Waddington <iwaddox at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've updated to 0.2 based on your feedback.

Some questions that have occurred to me.

If one wants to use classes will one have to select Three Line Mode
for the register view or will there be a way of dynamically providing
the third line for transactions (and the second line for split view)
that are to be classified?

In the Register in Double Line mode the cell under Transfer is unused.
 Could one use this for entry of the first class?  Then one would only
need to provide a third line if two classes were required.

There is a more fundamental point about how this will all work under
the hood that worries me.  The classification will be applied to
individual splits.  In the case of a simple transaction is it
therefore applied to both splits in the transaction?  In the more
complex transaction shown in section 4 there are three splits, cash
out of wallet and into two expense accounts.  In this case the expense
splits have been classified but not the cash out of wallet.  I am not
sure what the implications of this are.

On a positive note if this feature lets me spend £50 for games for the
children out of an empty wallet then I am all for it. :)

Colin