Setting up a Business Expense Account without MS-Money Classifcations

Ian X Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 13:29:25 EST 2010

Hi

I’ve been thinking about how I might use GnuCash as it was designed and for
the time being at least without the equivalent of MS-Money Classifications.

I would welcome feedback on my logic below and I’d like some guidance as to
the GnuCash Account Types I should use for ‘Business Miles’ and ‘Expense
Account’. Shown as the two red question marks.

If I use this approach in GnuCash I would expect each expense claim period
to be a sub-account of the Expenses Account.

I’ve used excel to picture the account structures and to prove that I start
and end with £500, which I assume is good!!!

Thank you for your help.

Ian