sql version

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 24 20:44:01 EST 2010

Oh yeah! Now I remember!

That's what screwed up the cost basis on my stock and mutual fund accounts. I split my Quicken data file (at Intuit's recommendation), and now the cost basis on all those older accounts is screwed up.

Personally, I'd rather have the data there, and a robust reporting system that can allow me to quickly and easily generate all the snapshots I need. I sure wish I hadn't split the files back in the day.

Frankly, if you think about it, creating a report that covers the time period in question *is* moving the slider. And while it certainly is a little more difficult in Gnucash than simply moving a slider, it can be done.

Cheers,
David