Missing step in gnucash-2.4.0 for Kubuntu 10.10

Paul Abrahams abrahams at acm.org
Sat Dec 25 12:48:44 EST 2010

The missing steps that made gnucash work correctly were:

rm /usr/local/bin/gnucash
ln -s /opt/gnucash/bin/gnucash /usr/local/bin/gnucash

as superuser, of course.  Now all is well and the gnucash command really does
start up gnucash 2.4.

I hope that 2.4 makes it into the Kubuntu repositories soon.  That would make
all this bull**** vanish.

It would also be nice if the gnucash.org website had instructions for Linux as
it does for Windows and MacOS, especially since the gnucash developers are, I
assume, Linux fans.