GnuCash 2.4.0 in Intel MacBook Pro hangs

Peter Boosten peter at boosten.org
Mon Dec 27 10:00:27 EST 2010

On 23 dec 2010, at 07:20, Peter Boosten wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've installed (or upgraded to) 2.4.0, accroding the readme in the dmg file.
>
> First removed the 2.2.9 version, then ran the Update Dirs tool, which gave me some error messages about things I didn't have installed (like online banking). I assumed these were oke.
>
> Then copied Gnucash to applications, and started it.
>
> Gnucash wasn't happy with the changes made by Update Dirs apparently, since it stated that it had to change configuration as well, so I let it.
>
> After that, gnucash showed my default opened accounts and reports, however hangs immediately after that, and I'm only able to force quit the app.
>
> Anyone know how to circumvent/solve this issue?

Oke, it turned out to be the opened reports: I quit 2.2.9 with some reports opened, and installed 2.4.0 afterwards (after converting the config information). I started anew, with 2.2.9 not showing the reports, then did the whole installation procedure again, and everything worked.

Maybe something to mention in the upgrade document?

--
Peter Boosten
http://www.boosten.org