personal and business

Jason Dunham jwdunham at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 12:36:03 EST 2010

Dave:
Saving a few duplicated transactions doesn't seem like a good enough reason
to conflate your business and personal accounts.  If you ever get into a
mess with your local taxing authorities, or that your business grows such
that you'll need an accountant (hope so!) or that you become incapacitated
and your family and/or a court has to hire help to unwind your books, then
in all those cases, it will be more trouble and expense if you are combining
your books.

I am not an accountant (disclaimer!), but I never met one that thought it
was a good idea to combine your books like that.

Regards,
Jason