Gnucash 2.4.0 (Windows)

Mortimer mortimer.hobart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 19:19:01 EST 2010

On 12/29/2010 17:19, J. Alex Aycinena wrote:
> I, too, wanted to jump on the bandwagon and be outraged that some dumb
> developer had actually done something so stupid as require internet
> connectivity for Gnucash to operate. You can imagine my disappointment
> when I actually tried it and found that it works fine without one. But
> then, I'm on linux not windows and that might explain the difference.
> Also, maybe it needs to be connected to install but not to operate. I
> don't know because I haven't actually tried those two. I wonder if the
> prior posters actually tried it themselves.

Well as the person who started this thread , I can assure you that I
would not have posted the question unless gnucash was doing EXACTLY what
I stated.

I am running windows xp home (32bit). and if I tell my firewall (comodo)
to block gnucash from the internet it fails to load at all. I do not
know how it runs under the 'nix systems or other versions of windows.
And no it is not trying to install, it is actually RUNNING.