Question re Help Documents Location in OpenSuse kDE4

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Feb 1 04:53:24 EST 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010 02:02:21 Bob Smits wrote:
> Some of you will know that there has been a long standing problem when
> GnuCash is installed in either OpenSuse KDE3 or KDE4 that results in not
> being able to access the help documents.
>
> I can no longer find our previous discussions on this subject, which goes
> back to OpenSuse 10.3 at least.
>
> I've noticed that when I look at the location of where files are installed
> by Yast it tells me the files are installed in
> /usr/share/gnome/help/gnucash/C
>
> They are also installed at /usr/share/gnucash/gnome/help/gnucash/C
>
> I don't understand why they are in both locations.
>
> Anyone still have a link to our old discussion? I know it has something to
> do with Gnome help files, but cannot remember the details.

Bob,

Are these threads of any use?

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2008-September/026695.html

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2008-January/023425.html

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2007-October/022209.html

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2007-July/021019.html

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2007-February/019301.html

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2007-April/019941.html

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2007-February/019301.html

Maf.

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542