getting off topic..Forum questions .. upgrade?

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 08:44:03 EST 2010

Ulrike Fischer-4 wrote:

> I'm using the list through news.gmane with a news client. I do this
> for all mailing lists if possible - much better scoring, I don't
> have to set up filters to sort the messages and skimming through the
> messages is faster. (It is naturally also much faster than using a
> forum.)

After looking into what nabble actually is and doing some more searches,
there are a lot of ways to read this and other mailing lists. Blog formats,
threaded, list serve, and forums.  All of them seem to aggregate mailing
lists. I thought from the way I found the list that it had been created on
nabble like people create forums on different BBS scripts. I happen to
prefer an easily searchable forum that pops new posts to the top of the
heap. I never liked mailing lists, or news groups, so I am glad nabble and
the other aggregators are doing what they do. Sorry this is getting off
topic