discount on vendor bill

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 2 12:13:02 EST 2010

Hi,

Nuara Valsecchi <nuara.valsecchi at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I am starting to use Gnucash but I am wondering how I should account for a
> 20% discount on one item of a bill received from vendor.
> I can find the discount function in the invoice indow but not on the bill
> one

Right, because in the invoice window you're giving a discount to a
customer, so I figured you'd want to keep track of how much you were
going to charge them, and then how much you ACTUALLY charged them.

For when you buy things it never seemed to matter how much you should
have paid, only how much you actually paid.

So no, there is no "discount" in vendor bills.

Just enter the amount you actually paid.