New account - how to arrange opening balance

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Tue Feb 2 15:35:18 EST 2010

On Feb 2, 2010, at 21:27 , Maf. King wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 February 2010 20:19:33 James Wilde wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>
>> Any solutions?
>>

> Hi James,
>
> Create transactions (manually) from your new accounts to Equity:Opening
> Balances

Thanks, Maf.  I actually realised, unfortunately after I had sent the email to the list, that, since I have configured GC to allow transactions to be changed, I could go into the Equity account and add the necessary transaction lines.

Not something an accountant would approve of, but this is my personal accounting, so wth.

//J