Recording Paycheck and Gift Cards

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:08:15 EST 2010

Another thought, is that you probably cannot claim expenses for business when
paying with a gift card unless you can prove that gift card was Income
reported as an expense by an Customer. If it was a store gift card that was
given as a refund of another recorded expense, you would have to show the
refund of the prior expense and reduce that amount from your expenses first.
I suppose you could record a transfer of money from personal to business
like you would cash, but then that gets out of my experience level.