GC 2.2.9 Crash Importing .qfx Files.

Doc Kinne kinnerc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:44:14 EST 2010

David:

Thanks so much for the response. Now that you've told me a bit more about
OFX/QFX files it makes some sense.

I opened the "transactions.qfx" file in gedit and looked at it. I looks very
much like XML and seems to look fine. There are no <CRs> in the file, but I
don't think that should be an issue with XML. I have reproduced a bit of the
file here so you can verify this. It looks good to ME, but I don't know
exactly what I'm looking for. Yes, the actual numbers have been changed to
protect the guilty.  :-)

OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:102
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:NONE
NEWFILEUID:NONE

  <OFX>     <SIGNONMSGSRSV1>       <SONRS>         <STATUS>
<CODE>0           <SEVERITY>INFO         </STATUS>
<DTSERVER>20100203012909.087         <LANGUAGE>ENG
<DTPROFUP>20090617195625.032
<FI>
<ORG>Metavante CIB
<FID>6761
</FI>
<INTU.BID>6761
<INTU.USERID>MyUserName
</SONRS>     </SIGNONMSGSRSV1>     <BANKMSGSRSV1>       <STMTTRNRS>
<TRNUID>0         <STATUS>           <CODE>0
<SEVERITY>INFO         </STATUS>         <STMTRS>
<CURDEF>USD           <BANKACCTFROM>
<BANKID>101311595             <ACCTID>18748231
<ACCTTYPE>CHECKING           </BANKACCTFROM>
<BANKTRANLIST>             <DTSTART>20100103
<DTEND>20100202             <STMTTRN>
<TRNTYPE>DEBIT
<DTPOSTED>20100201060000.000[-6:CST]
<TRNAMT>-6.63               <FITID>20100201179485016.63235-0
<NAME>CVS PHARMACY #0049 Q03               <MVNT.PAYEE>CVS PHARMACY #0049
Q03               <MEMO>DEBIT CARD PURCHASE MERCHANT PURCHASE TERMINAL
05436840 CVS PHARMACY #0049 Q03  BOSTON    MA                      T RAN
DATE 01-30-10                      X             </STMTTRN>
<STMTTRN>               <TRNTYPE>DEBIT
<DTPOSTED>20100201060000.000[-6:CST]
<TRNAMT>-2.13               <FITID>20100201179485012.13235-0
<NAME>DUNKIN #332245     Q35               <MVNT.PAYEE>DUNKIN #332245
Q35

The only thing I thought was at all unusual was that the file began with a
good bit of whitespace, but again I don't think that should be an issue with
XML.

I rebooted my machine, and re-downloaded the transaction file. It looked the
same and when I tried to import it into GC the program crashed and vanished
upon hitting the IMPORT button, so rebooting the system didn't make any
difference (I was thinking a library got updated or something).

I would love to send you a crash log, but I'm unsure of where that would be
stored. Can you point me in the right direction? If you mean a crash report
that comes up in a dialog box sometimes after a program has crashed (I don't
recall that on Linux, but I have seen it in MacOS X), upon crashing GC
simply vanishes and gives me back my desktop. Unless a crash log is actually
written somewhere in this case (again, I'm not sure where that might be) I
don't have anything there.

If you can point me to the crash log I certainly can look for it!

Again, I'm running Ubuntu NBR 9.10 on an EeePC. The system is fully patched
and up-to-date.

THANKS!!
--
Doc Kinne, [KQR]