VAT on cash sales in restaurant

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Fri Feb 5 15:34:56 EST 2010

There are some links that may help your choice at

<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_use_GnuCash_to_calculate_VAT.3F>

Depending on your accounting approach and the forms you need to fill
out, you probably need to keep track of at least
* Taxes due to gov't
* Taxes paid to gov't
* Taxes billed/recovered on sales
* Taxes paid by you to others that offset your taxes due to gov't

Hope this helps a bit,

Jeff