"Edit exchange rate" has stopped working (2.2.9)

AmigaPhil AmigaPhil at ping.be
Mon Feb 8 18:21:21 EST 2010

(I'm taking the risk to add more confusion, so please be indulgent. :-) )

My main currency is EUR, but I have some stock shares in USD.
I've had a lot of problem to get exchange rates accurate until I used
the account-in-the-middle trick.

I think that your problem /might/ be that when you see EUR96.48 instead
of the expected EUR100, it's because that EUR96.48 is the RECENT value
of what was then (at the time of the transaction) EUR100.

If your EUR account is a real one you wish to keep accurate, I suggest
to try this:

Split the problematic transaction in two transactions.

  Your account in GBP  -->          intermediate account in EUR
  intermediate account in EUR  -->  Your account in EUR

The intermediate account is just used for the exchange.
It's balance after the transaction will always be 0 anyway.
As the 2 transactions in there are for the same date (so at the same
rate), your account in EUR will (hopefully) show the right EUR 100.

(I'm writing this from memory, not tested recently.)

AmigaPhil