GnuCash GUIDs vs. RFC 4122 UUIDs

Robert Fleming fleminra at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 18:30:26 EST 2010

Hi,

I have my GnuCash data in a PostgreSQL database, using GnuCash 2.3.8.  I'm
writing/using external programs (Python) to manipulate the data, including
inserting new data.  It is cumbersome for that software to invoke
gnucash-make-guids to make the new GUIDs.

Do you think there would be any risk if my programs used RFC 4122 UUIDs
instead?  I presume not, because even if there were a collision, data
integrity would be preserved by the PRIMARY KEY constraints on each table.

Thanks in advance,
Robert