Line of credit Interest payment question

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Mon Feb 8 20:37:43 EST 2010

I deal with this by having one transaction in my loan that applies the
interest, that is then "counteracted" by a payment

$123 Expenses:Interest:HELOC => Liabilities:HELOC
$123 Assets:Checking => Liabilities:HELOC

That way I can "see" the pair of transactions in my HELOC, even though
the net effect is the same as
$123 Assets:Checking => Expenses:Interest:HELOC