GnuCash GUIDs vs. RFC 4122 UUIDs

Kevin Buckley kevin.m.buckley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:17:50 EST 2010

> I wish GnuCash would lean on the database a little more to guarantee
> integrity, such as by using FOREIGN KEY and other constraints, but I
> understand that as long as the XML backend is also supported, such integrity
> must (also) be maintained at the application level.

That "as long as" in there.

Hopefully, a non-database backend storage format will always be maintained
"as long as" there's a GnuCash.

I have always found GnuCash to be pretty good at "doing the right thing" when I
start coddling the XML directly and get it wrong.

Long may GnuCash continue to do so without the need for having to build/install
against a database layer.