Vendor and Customer Reports...

Zed zed at zed.net.nz
Fri Feb 12 20:24:49 EST 2010

Using GnuCash v2.229 on LinuxMint v8.0 Helena.

I have never used Vendor and/or Customer Reports before but decided to do
so. I entered a few vendor details and then tried to generate a Vendor
Report, without success.

All I get is a message "No valid Vendor selected. Click the Options button
to select a company."  No indication where the Options button is and it took
me some time to realise that I had to use the right mouse button and click
on Options.

Did that, chose a Vendor and the period for which I wanted a report.  Then I
found that I couldn't click on the button to choose the account for the
vendor, as it was greyed out.

Decided to try Customer Report - we only have one customer Sundry Customers.
 Went through the procedure by choosing the Customer and fortunately the
account shown was Boarding Fees, where all our income goes. Chose the period
13/02/0/ - 13/02/10 but after clicking on Apply the Report shows no
financial data,

One question comes to mind.  Is the problem that I entered the data prior to
entering the Vendor and Customer details?  If not, what the devil am I doing
wrong, please?

Zed
-
zed