After upgrade from 1.8 to 2.2.7 gnucash unable to locate accounts and invoices

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Feb 18 03:59:05 EST 2010

On Thursday 18 February 2010 08:49:05 Thomas Cook Smith wrote:
> I had a directory called /accounting separate from /.gnucash which held
> account and invoice data in 1.8 but does not work in 2.2.7.  Do I need
> to move the directory to /.gnucash or do something else for the upgraded
> gnucash to find the files?
> Regards,
> Tom

Hi Tom,

How does GC fail?  Do you do File->Open or something else?

I _do_ have a vague recollection that you have to upgrade (and open/save your
data file!) in the following sequence: 1.8.x -> 2.0.anything -> 2.2.whatever.
But I'm happy to be corrected on that if others know differently

I am sure that you shouldn't put your data file in ~/.gnucash, though.  There
be data-eating dragons!

HTH,
Maf.