Problem locating Data File in Windows 7

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:58:49 EST 2010

twodogron wrote:

> Since installing Windows 7....... GnuCash cannot locate the Data
> File.......
> Everytime I start GnuCash 2.2.9.  I have to locate the Data File on my
> drives and then "point" GnuCash towards it.
> I never had this problem with Windows XP.
> Has anyone else come across this problem ???

Have you tried Save As into a different location? Could it be a permissions
thing related to where it is currently saved?  Wild guesses, I am using 7 64
2.2.9 and not had that problem.  In fact, I occasionally try newer versions
and even as new installations they always seem to know where the file is.