split delete funny stuff

brad bradhaack at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 15:24:54 EST 2010

I was cleaning up some imbalance splits.  They had 0 amounts.  I was in
the Imbalance account & hit the delete button thinking that I was just
deleting that split of the transaction.  WRONG.  It deleted the whole
transaction.

Maybe or was being dumb or maybe this is a confusing piece of the
interface, but what does seem wrong is that 1 split of each the
transactions (there were quite a few of them) was reconciled & I got no
warning that I was deleting a reconciled transaction.   Is this
expected?

This was midway in a several hour session getting caught up.  I have
several backup files from this morning, so I went back found the last
good backup file.   The odd thing is that when I replay the backup files
I don't get the transaction deletes??  This is good, but why?   I'm
missing a few other things too, but the good omissions are greater than
the bad omissions.

My thought was that I could go back & replay the log files from this
morning & skip the one with the errors.  Is this how it's sposed to
work?