Monthly Income/Expense Reports

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 18:53:33 EST 2010

RaPquest wrote:

> Thank you 'trythis'  for the testing ... the options do allow for the
> dates to be set but the result is always one total value (a total for the
> dates chosen) instead of individual values - I'm looking for columns of
> monthly values.  One way would be to create 12 reports - one per month
> (setting the options appropriately)
> but I'd really like one report. I have no problem using a spreadsheet (eg
> OO) - but how to input?
>
> Thank you also Derek ... unfortunately, none of the graphical reports
> display individual values.

I think I have it.
Reports>
Sample and Custom>
Custom and multicolumn report>
Options> Number of Columns, 12>
select Income Statement under Contents > click [add>>] 12 times
Click OK or Apply. (this could take some time for it to finish)

Then on the report under each column of data, click Edit Options>
General> select your date ranges, for each column.

Under this Edit options, you get a full Income report worth of options, 12
(up to 20 if you go that high in number of columns) different times. They
can all be different and you aren't stuck with calendar months either.
The page will be Gargantuan, 2.2.9 can export to XML which can be opened in
excel and surely OO.

Hope that helps, I learned a lot figuring that out too.

The options in the income statement allow for tow columns in each of the
original 12, and for accounting rules, etc.  Really impressive to me.