cannot open my (relatively) old gnucash file.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 20 11:23:28 EST 2010

Emanuele Paolini <emanuele.paolini at unifi.it> writes:

> What I would really appreciate would be a more specific error message
> from the application... Do you know if this can be obtained some way?

Well, if the error isn't printed into the gnucash.trace file you can try
to enable extra debugging in the file backend however that might flood
your log file.  Beyond that, only hacking the code to add more logging
would help.

> Otherwise is it possible to reduce the data file progressively and
> maybe find the offending data by a bisection method?

Maybe.....