split delete funny stuff

brad bradhaack at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 23:09:36 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 10:43 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> brad <bradhaack at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > I was cleaning up some imbalance splits.  They had 0 amounts.  I was in
> > the Imbalance account & hit the delete button thinking that I was just
> > deleting that split of the transaction.  WRONG.  It deleted the whole
> > transaction.
> >
> > Maybe or was being dumb or maybe this is a confusing piece of the
> > interface, but what does seem wrong is that 1 split of each the
> > transactions (there were quite a few of them) was reconciled & I got no
> > warning that I was deleting a reconciled transaction.   Is this
> > expected?
>
> It depends.  It SHOULD warn you, but it's possible you clicked on the
> 'never show this warning again' last time.

For an unreconciled trans, it says 'Delete the current transaction?',
and I did check 'Remember & don't ask me again this session'.   For a
reconciled trans, it says the same plus more about deleting a trans w/
reconciled splits.   It sounds like checking the box for deleting a
transaction is the same flag for deleting reconciled trans.