Problem locating Data File in Windows 7

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 08:25:10 EST 2010

twodogron wrote:

> Having originated this post I think it is now going way off beam......
> I do know (to some extent) both the Windows and Linux systems and
> understand fully about permissions and file rights etc.. etc......
> I am using Windows 7 Professional NOT Window 7 Home Edition which I seem
> to think some subscribers
> Ron..

I am using 7 pro.
To find the ownership you must right click on your partition, folder, or
file: click Properties: click Security: click Advanced: click Owner. If the
owner is not based on the current OS users, which for some of your
un-rebuilt partitions wont be unless you have done this, there will be old
XP system files you might not be able to delete.  And it might be messing
with gnucash, but that sounds unlikely after MAF Kings comments on Gconf.
If you installed Gnucash in a drive that isnt owned by Win7, however, it
could be an issue...possibly...maybe